Duracoat Interior and Exterior Skimcoat
Duracoat Exterior and Interior skimcoat is a water resistant white cement based putty which provides a string base on concrete walls and ceiling. It fills the fine pores of the wall and ceiling, thereby providing a white smooth and dry surface for painting. Being water resistant it provides a protective base which prevents expensive paint from flaking. Duracoat skimcoat has special added polymers and more adhesive strength which provides a strong base ensuring a longer life of the painted surface. It can even be applied on freshly plastered wall thus resulting in saving time.
- being cementitious it has better adhesiveness and durability with concrete wall.
- Doesn’t need any kind of primer on it before application of paint thus saving time and cost.
- Can be applied on interior and exterior walls and ceilings.
- Gives white and smooth finish surface which effectively reduces the consumption of subsequent paints.
- Doesn’t require any water curing after application.
- Eco friendly doesn’t contain lead, oil or toxic material
Coverage:1-1.5kg per sqr. mt
Mix Duracoat external and internal skimcoat with 40-45% clean water slowly to make a paste. It is important that water be added to the putty to make a mix and not vice versa. Mix the product in such quantities that it should be used within 2 hours of preparation.
Surface preparation :
Before applying Duracoat Skimcoat remove all loosely adhering material from the wall surface with the help of sand paper, putty blade or wire brush. Moisten the wall with sufficient quantity of clean water this ensure higher bonding strength, easy workability and higher coverage with the surface.
Apply first coat of skimcoat using a blade/spatula on wall with a “bottom to up” configuration. Allow the surface to dry for 4-6 hours. After drying of the first coat just rub the surface gently with wet sponge or putty plade to remove the loose particles. Then apply second coat of Duracoat skimcoat “horizontally” to even out applicant marks of the first coat, if any. Leave the surface to dry overnight for 10-12 hours. After drying of the second coat remove any marks with sponge. The total thickness of the coats should be limited to a maximum of 2mm